Wichita and Cincinnati are tied for the division lead. Wichita has a more difficult schedule left. Loser should still be a lock for the wildcard.
Milwaukee has a 2 game lead over New York. New York has a more difficult schedule as they have to play Salem 4 times. They also finish the season against each other with a 3 game series.
Whoever loses the AL East race is not a shoe in for the Wildcard. Fresno currently trails New York by 1 game. Fresno has a lighter schedule than New York. St. Louis trails Fresno by 2 games
And now on to rambling......
- Wichita has a 83-68 record so far this season, but appears to really struggle on the road witha 40-37 record in away games.
- What kind of roll is Salem on? Vancouver is in second place in the division with a 87-64 record. AND THEY ARE 29 GAMES OUT OF FIRST PLACE! Holy smokes!
- Salem is 32-13 in 1 run games this season
- Boston is 16-23 in 1 run games. There's a head scratcher for a first place team
- What kind of season is Rochester's Blaine Moore having? The man is hitting .374 and included a 27 game hitting streak this season. 39 hr and 138 rbi's. Wow!
- Other crazy numbers: Salem's Rubby Prieto, 59 hr, 153 Rbi
- Houston's Tony Tatis, 81 sb. only 2 cs.
- Can you believe that the league record for SB in a season is 166 by Brandon Cline back in season 5.
- Pitcher with the most wins on a losing team? Jamie Snow of St. Louis is 15-5 this season.
- Fargo's Clint Green leads all hitters with 176 strikeouts. He has 38 hr and 94 rbi's though.
- Indy's Flash Redman is 1 for 14 stealing bases this season. Ouch!
- Vancouver pitching staff has 11 complete games this season(There are 5 teams that have zero)
- New York Damage Controllers lead the league with 146 errors this season.
- Tampa Bay looks set to receive the #1 pick next season. They have 56 wins. The next closest has 62 wins.
This is the WTF are you thinking section: (also known as the tanking section)
And a final tip of the cap to long time owner Starbuckdc. Did you know Fargo won his division the first 13 seasons there?