Sunday, February 3, 2013

NL South All Star Edition

 The Houston Roughriders have gone on quite a streak and have a stronghold on the division.    I asked each owner what they thought of their team and the division and here were their responses.

Houston Roughnecks(Bagwellbluff)  1st, 58-33.

"We've been playing well and I'm especially pleased with how well the bottom of our rotation is doing. I still feel this division race will go right down to the wire.We're fortunate to have a little cushion now that will serve us in good stead late in the season. But I said on opening day that the NL South would be a multiple-team dogfight. I'm holding to that position."

Jackson Juggernauts(bobbyj7) 2nd, 47-44, 11 games back

" I'm surprised by the start for Houston. I'm hoping to put a long winning streak together soon. If not, I might be shopping some veterans for quality prospects."

Louisville Arf Arf Arf Arf's(Arfy) 3rd 46-45, 12 games back

"We stink.  Someone should wave a skunk in front of our face.  Just kidding.  But in all seriousness, we expect to make a strong second half push and expect all four teams to be in the thick of it by seasons end."

Charlotte Bad News(Douglasslee) t-3rd 46-45, 12 games back

"Our division is still the toughest in my opinion. We all started out great, maybe overachieving but now I think we are underachieving. So I am not too concerned as I think it will even out. I looked at the world in its entirety and it looks like everyone has generally the same record so great parity in this world. I probably will not make any major moves at this point. I think our division could place 3 in the playoffs again with Charlotte being one of them. we took 2 out of 3 from mighty Seattle this last series so I think we have turned the corner."





NL South All-Star Team

C HOU Vic Diaz .382 Avg, .464 OBP
1B HOU Carl Espisoto 27Hr, 86 RBI, .308
2B LOU Daric Hines  4 Plus Plays, 51 Runs   <----Weakest selection
3B HOU Omar Cornejo 17 HR, 65 RBI, .328
SS  LOU Victor Ramsay  10 Plus Plays, 8 Errors
LF CHA Rico Tatis 29Hr, 81 RBI, .278
CF HOU Egueth Gonzales 70Runs, 26 SB, .290, 10 Plus Plays
RF LOU Omar Carrasco 29Hr, 64 RBI, .325
Pinch Hitter- CHA Duke Henderson 11-34 pinch hitting
SP CHA Willie Crawford 11-2 2.61 ERA
SP LOU Clay Vernon 10-5 2.90 ERA, 3 CG, 3 SHO
SP JACS Rube Clark 9-3, 2.93 ERA
SP LOU Al Manto 8-3, 3.87 ERA,  13 QS
Closer- JACS Steve Murray 20-22 Saves, 3.65 ERA
RP- CHA Ryan Votto 7-7 Saves, 1.71 ERA
RP- HOU Jimmy Griffiths 3-0, 2.31 ERA, 0.81 WHIP


If you have any disagreements or just want to give your own guy props, I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment