Saturday, July 18, 2015

S32 PRESEASON PREVIEW NL EAST

The longstanding pride of Pinetar(three original Pinetar owners from season 1), the NL EAST was won last season  by Wichita.  They won 87 games and got swept in the wildcard round to the Breaking Bad team of the NL West, Albuquerque.  That was their third straight winning season.  They have recently relocated to Sunny San Juan.  So the U.S. no longer has to be ashamed., because they are not a real state. (he he).  Philadelphia placed second in the division winning 74 games.  It was their fourth straight losing season.    Cincinnati finished 3rd with 68 wins.  It was their second fewest win amount in any season in franchise history.  And Jacksonville finished the season with only 58 wins.  It ALSO, was their second fewest win total in franchise history.

I ranked all teams in each category.  The AL teams are ranked separately from the NL teams.  16 teams obviously in each league.

Philadelphia Moneymakers
Owner: Phillies26(32nd Season)

Offense-12th

Pitching-9th
Starters-14th
Relief-6th

Defense-8th

Cincinnati Firestorm
Owner: jbburner(32nd Season)

Offense-11th

Pitching-11th
Starters-10th
Relief-11th

Defense-15th

Press Release- I see the Firestorm as a .500 team at best. There has been a lack of hitting here which hasn't been improved and pitching which is average. Win/Loss prediction: 76-86


Jacksonville Juice
Owner:greygoose123(32nd Season)

Offense-7th

Pitching-8th
Starters-4th
Relief-12th

Defense-13th

Press Release- I am predicting a .500 season for my team. I signed some decent free agents, but my best young players are still very young. Next season, I fully expect to be competing for a playoff spot.



Wichita DwArf'y Mojados
Owner: Jibe(9th Season)

Offense-1st

Pitching-1st
Starters-1st
Relief-2nd

Defense- 2nd

Press Release- We have very high hopes going into season 32. I believe the change in ball park from Wichita to San Juan will lead to great things. I also believe that a great number of my players will be having comeback years. Headed by Rickie Halama and Tony Caballero. Also Jeimer Parra and Eli Duran who needs to show more than just promise this season. One guy who I expect to continue on the path of greatness is Eli Cruz who has HOF written all over his future. The new park should only help him.Pitching should be better as well. Headed by Geronimo Estrada and Rondell Collins. We could use better years by Eddie Plant and Javier Beltran. The pen should be good again with Dave Coleman and Juan Sierra. My big FA splash was getting Moises Olmedo and Roberto Lopez to come to San Juan. They better do well with all of the money I spent on them. I just hope that they don't spend all of their time in the hot tub recovering from injuries. The negative of this team is D, specifically a lack of a true CFer. We will need to out score the opposition and pitch our butts off because the D is suspect. SS should be very good with Raphael Santana leading the charge, but his bat is not the best.

So my prediction is a first place finish in my division and a 96-66 W/L record. 96 wins would set a franchise record. 

There are some very good teams in the NL but I believe that this one is also among the best so I have a WS appearance in the back of my mind for season 32.

Predictions

On paper, San Juan has one of the fiercest looking teams I've seen.  They are loaded from top to bottom.  Impressively they didn't sacrifice defense to get hitters. Should be a serious World Series contender.  I think Jacksonville will toy with the .500 mark and take second.    Their impressive starting rotation should carry them a little bit.  Philadelphia should win about 70 games, they are carried by their bullpen.  And Cincinnati should bring up the rear with wins in the 60's in another rebuilding season.  

1. San Juan
2. Jacksonville
3. Philadelphia
4. Cincinnati




No comments:

Post a Comment